training has been going good for me and it really is all just about getting out with friends and having fun. I have learned quite a few things from Gordo already and one that comes to mind is "never show your best in training". . . there are just some things you have to save it for race day.
With two big races just a few weeks away I have a nice training camp on the way with some comp days that I banked for working over the last weekend(s). I should recover from this in just enough time to hit the dreamcrusher ride and push my ALT to a new level. Goodness.
That is really what this post is about anyways. Making our ride "unofficially... official". Would i really go out and crushing myself on a ride that has little importance to my racing in the name of nothingness and a good time with friends. Of course! I am very motivated by my friends and pushing it and mixing in some points is sure to get me to a new level. I am thinking about taping that quote to my handlebars for the day however... It is all just for fun between the dc crew ya know. I will likely need another camp and extravaganza of greater proportions sometime before St. George. Something wildly extravagant!
The ride is set for March 6th 9am start. Feel free to join us or add some more fun topics for points. There are two main route options and we will have an A and B group for speed/pacing. the 4 climb ride will allow for additional tac on extra credit for the peppy few who want to go a bit more.
100 mile ride – 4 long climbs
90 Mile Ride – 3 long climbs
- 100 points if you finish the entire ride
- 10 points for taking the KOM (multiple KOM's)
- 5 points for most vitargo consumed (will be close between sean and slater)
- 5 points for whoever brings the best post race beer (will be decided post ride, will close between james and ryan)
- 5 points if you are riding a TT bike
- 5 points if you run after
- 5 points is you swim before
- 5 points if you pull the biggest group for the majority of the day
- 5 points if this ride is the longest ride you have completed in the last 12 months
- 5 points for puking (needs to be 20oz or more and witnessed)
- 2 points for every 10 miles you ride over the minimum distance (100miles)
- 5 points if this is your longest ride ever
- 5 points if you ride the next day
- 2 points for helping someone w/ a mechanical (that they could not fix themselves)
Hope to see ya there!