August 04, 2008

Paddle Time

OK - I need help with my swim, bike, run, paddle technique and what better way to see what I am dong wrong than seeing it for myself.... I have been reading about some forward stroke technique so I thought I would try out some video shots this weekend to see just what I was doing...wrong

Then...Monique stepped it up a notch and used her MAC to put a little music to it... It makes watching it over an over a little more manageable ;-0

Now I have something to show someone who can hopefully help me out with my paddle time. If I could just stay in the boat for the entire paddle sections during races I would be stoked!


Suggestions anyone???

I noticed that my hands cross way over the "middle line" and I cannot remember right now if that is a good thing or a bad thing..?

The forward stroke article also mentions "Also try and remember that the height of your top hand (your left hand in our example) should remain fairly level throughout the stroke and only begin dropping once the paddle has exited the water....." I noticed that my left hand drops noticeably lower than my right... I never noticed that before but my left shoulder usually gets more sore after a hard paddle so this may be the reason, however, I am obviously no expert!

What else..."Your wrist should also stay locked in one position and should be slightly above the level of your elbow for the duration of the stroke." and "Your wrist should also stay locked in one position and should be slightly above the level of your elbow for the duration of the stroke." which is the same problem as listed above where my left arm dips way down. So that gives me something to work on for a while!

No comments: