January 09, 2009

Update

Well, I am happy to announce that I was able to get things going for sponsors this year! I am still working out the details with a few but I am honored to be representing some of the companies who make products some of the best gear out there! With the amount of time put into training and endurance races it makes a huge difference to have the right stuff that you can depend on.

The first is Power Cordz. I have been using their shifting systems for over a year now and they are flawless! With all of the times I have broken off my dérailleur hanger and even had my rear dérailleur go through the spokes. . . the cables have held up to get me home or finish the race. Amazingly smooth, cool looking and will please even the most devout weight weenie.


I have had the Power Cordz installed on my road bike now since I got it and will soon be converting over the rest of the quiver. Can't wait!

Training -
Tomorrow, we are off to the GMR ride (55 miles and A LOT of climbing to Baldy ski parking lot) and then up to Big Bear for a snowshoe hike under the full moon. Another great start to the weekend! After that, it is on to three solid weeks of building more volume and some "priority C" races every weekend to gauge fitness and have some fun. This will also crank up the intensity a bit with the races at the end of the week.

When I recover from this weekend, and have start my first build phase we are heading north to finish the weekend at The Rio Bravo Rumble!! This is always a good check for my running and biking fitness since it starts with a 10K trail run and follows it up with 16 roLLing miles on the mountain bike. It is always a wake up to start the race with a run!

The following week I am teaming up with Wes Barton for a duo at the 12 Hours of Temecula. We should have a 15+ group with a mix of teams and solo's. A big day of fun on the trails and I am looking forward to testing out a few options on my bike(more on that later).

The last weekend of the month is our Surf City Marathon. I am running the half with Monique but Keevin and Chuck are sticking it out for the full 26.2 miles. I will be wishing them luck and taking some pics at the finish. Again, I am going into these races with a full week of training because I am focused on a few bigger fish in the following months. . . but it is still going to be a lot of fun being out at the races...Here we go!

No comments: